Readership Needed ~City Island~
~The City Island Digital Image Gallery~

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Readership Needed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ~City Island~ Forum Index -> City Island Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Readership Needed Reply with quote

Okay All,

Potential here for a great forum/site. Delve deeply into your City Island archive of friends. We are looking for anything of interest to clamdiggers, past and present. Even if you haven't heard from or spoken to them in a while, tell them about this site. New pictures, (of which we are off to a great start on those already), old pictures, (so that we can reminesce), and tales of today and yesteryear. All items are welcome. Let's build this site. They'll come. Be well. Be safe.

Clam diggers rule!!

Wayne Hall <><
PS 17 Class of 1963

Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minneford
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wayne!,

Thanks for that.

Some things you should know....

I am improving this website by adding animated gifs as a artsy decoration.

A link for the gallery here has been added to the City Island article, under the one for City Island Connection.

For those who are unaware, the Yahoo Group City Island Connection is run by Sara "Sally" McPhereson who used to live on the island and was edidtor/publisher of the City Island Current.

The addition of the link has certainly seemed to add new members to that Yahoo Group.

I kept the place alive after it went dormant with new links to websites related to the island and around the local areas.

That link I found at the High Island website by Jim Hawkins, blew everyones socks off.

This new gallery here I created, blew everyone away! Laughing Arrow Cool

It was a lot of fun documenting the Spring, Summer and Autumn, around the island.

I'm glad I got to image many of the colorful trees on the island and in the nearby park.

Thie website serves the people who used to live on this island.

They type in City Island into Google and find this gallery at Wikipedia and are taken back to the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's, by seeing an old house or building.

Some places here are called mansions.

My definition here is that a common house is only two to three floors and a mansion is three to four floors and that may include the spire or attic.

I wonder when they will repave City Island Avenue and Schofield Street?

Confused Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ~City Island~ Forum Index -> City Island Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: